Special Collections and Archives
Academic history departments in greater Cleveland:
History Resources in Local Libraries:
Historical Society and Museum links:
Blogs and Facebook Pages About Northeast Ohio History
Other links of possible interest:
- ASME, Cleveland Section - Includes information on Cleveland mechanical engineering landmarks.
- American Brewery History Page - Clevelander Carl Miller's site about the history of beer in America.
- AmericanMafia.Com - Clevelander Rick Porrello's site about the history of the American Mafia, including a section on Cleveland.
- The Blakslee Log Cabin (Ashtabula)
- History of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers (HQ in Cleveland)
- Center for Sacred Landmarks -- includes essays and virtual tours.
- Cleveland: A Bicentennial Timeline - A useful feature of The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History.
- Cleveland Arts Prize: Past Winners
- Cleveland District Round Table of area genealogical organizations, including information on member organizations and their events.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo: Zoo History
- Cleveland Shakespeare Festival's Archives.
- Cleveland Skyscrapers.com -- Images and information about high-rise architecture in Cleveland and northeast Ohio.
- Cuyahoga County: OHGenWeb
- Bocian, Michael. "Euclid Beach Park" Wood (music video)
- Famous But Forgotten: The Story of Alexander Winton; Automotive Pioneer and Industrialist
- Federation of German American Societies of Greater Cleveland.
- Guide to the Building Stones of Downtown Cleveland
- Heritage Ohio
- Historic Gateway Neighborhood
- Historical Markers Database (Ohio section)
- History at Home: A Guide to Genealogy (Thanks, Elizabeth!)
- History of Jewish Life in Cleveland
- Edward D. Kuekes, Pulitzer-Prize winning editorial cartoonist for the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Archives in Special Collections, Syracuse University.
- Lake View Cemetery
- National Refining Company
- Ohio and Erie Canal National Heritage Corridor
- Ohio Historic Bridge Association
- Ohio History Central
- Otto Moser's Restaurant at 100 years old
- The Sculpture Center
- Society for American Baseball Research: Cleveland Chapter
- Teaching Cleveland: A Bicentennial Education Project.
- Turner City Cleveland -- a display of local buildings built by Turner Construction. more...
- History of the United Transportation Union (HQ in Cleveland)
- University Circle -- Home to most of Cleveland's leading cultural, educational and medical institutions.
- History of the West Park Neighborhood -- an informal site concerning the history of the Jefferson, Kamm's Corners, Riverside and Puritas-Longmead area and to share personal memories of the neighborhood.
- The West Side Market
- Western Reserve Land Conservancy. Interested in the history of NE Ohio watersheds.
- Western Reserve Studies Symposium