The Photographs of Glenallen
Like the other Severance estates that lined Taylor and Mayfield Roads in Cleveland Heights in the early 20th century, the life of Glenallen, the estate of Elisabeth Severance Allen Prentiss, was also short lived. This collection of 116 professional photographs spotlights the unique interior and exterior features of this historic estate. The digitized images are from a rare twin-volume book of hand-mounted photographs by photographer, Clifford Norton, recently acquired by Special Collections at Cleveland State University Library.
- Google Map of Mayfield & North Taylor Roads today
- A Pictorial Tour of “Glen Allen”. Cleveland Heights Historical Society.
- “Elisabeth Severance Allen Prentiss.” The Cleveland Encyclopedia of History.
- Lewis, Joanne M., Richard Karberg, and Suzanne Ringler Jones. In Our Day: Cleveland Heights. Cleveland Heights, OH: Heights Community Congress.
- Morton, Marian. Cleveland Heights: The Making of an Urban Suburb. Charleston, SC: Arcadia, 2002.
- “The Severance Family Estates Near Mayfield and Taylor.” Cleveland Heights History & Architecture.